How to Remove Scratches On the Windshield Car Because Wipers, gNewscar – How to get rid of scratches caused by windshield wipers is very easy, especially for those of you who are experienced. For those of you users of car vehicles certainly no stranger to the problem of your car’s glass scratched. Cases like this are indeed very trivial but will reduce the overall appearance of your car. In addition, your car’s glass which is scratched can affect the sale value if you intend to sell your car.
But you don’t need to worry, you can remove scratches on the windshield with a variety of techniques and tools. For those of you who are experiencing problems like this, here are some techniques and ways to remove car windshield scratches that usually often occur in your car.
Causes of Scratches on Car Windshield
Scratches that often occur on the windshield of a car, Before you know the techniques to deal with the scratches that usually occur on glass, you should first know the causes and types of scratches or scratches that usually often occur on car windshields.
Wiper scratches are caused by the continuous movement of the wiper rubber to form a pattern that will look like fine lines on the windshield of your car. Of course this is very disturbing your view of the road ahead because the former wiper will result in reflected sunlight or glare when it hits the windshield. See Also : Best Windshield Wipers in 2020, How To Take Care To Be Durable
Factors that cause scratches on the windshield of this car are usually caused by rubber wipers that have been hard and stiff or can also be caused by incorrect use of wipers. This power window scratches are usually caused by the ups and downs of the windshield of the windshield Random side scratches, this type of stroke usually looks irregular in shape (random).
Several factors can cause scratches on the windshield, among others, the use of car cleaning tools that are not correct when you wash the car, there is an error when installing the film on the windshield, or it could be due to the actions of other people or friction sharp objects such as branches.
How to get rid of small scratches on car glass
Ways to Eliminate Car Windshield Scratches Due to Wiper, including small scratches are classified as very easy to remove. If your car’s glass is only slightly scratched, try the suggestions below to remove the scratch. Ways that you can use as a solution include:
1. Using Toothpaste
- You can use toothpaste as an ingredient to remove small scratches on your windshield.
- take a little toothpaste and wipe it on a soft cloth. It’s good if you use whitening toothpaste
- Rub on the windshield of your car affected by these small scratches
- You can repeat the steps according to your needs
- after that, clean the remaining toothpaste that is still attached to the windshield
- pay attention and check whether your car’s glass scratches fade or not
2. Using ammonia liquid
- Mix about 3 cups or about 1/2 liter of water with 15 ml of ammonia (about 1/2 ounce) and stir until evenly distributed
- dip a clean, soft cloth in the liquid
- then rub the cloth against the scratched car windshield in a circular motion
- after it’s done you can clean up the remaining ammonia on your car’s glass
- repeat the steps above as needed until they feel the streaks on your windshield fade
How to Remove Scratches On the Windshield Car Because Wipers
In general, scratches caused by wipers are thin berets, but sometimes also can cause quite deep berets. For those of you who want to look for these scratches, you can try to feel the surface of your car’s windshield. If there are parts that stick out and rub with your hands, there is a scratch or scratch. Now to remove the berets on the windshield of the car caused by wipers you can use the technique below.
- Glass polishing powder or Cerium Oxide
- Fine sandpaper 2000
- Masking tape and old newspapers
- Polishers (polish pad, polishing polishes, etc.)
Steps to remove the Scratches on the windshield:
- The first thing you have to do is wash your windshield clean. If necessary, scrub the windshield of your windshield harder than usual so all the dirt on your car can be lifted.
- Rub the sandpaper on the windshield that has a scratch. Perform this process until the windshield surface of your car becomes flat. Try to rub the glass in an alkaline condition so as to reduce the heat caused by the friction of sandpaper and glass.
- After that clean the windshield of the car and wait for it to dry.
- Then place the newspaper or paper on the edge of the glass. This is done so that the glass polishing powder will not hit other car parts. You can also stick newspaper or paper by using tape to avoid moving.
- Mix the glass polishing powder with a little water and stir all the ingredients to produce a mixture of medium consistency. What is meant here is that the dough is not too runny but also not too thick.
- Next take a polishing drill or other polishing tool and then polish it on the windshield of the windshield wiped. Lightly moisten the car’s glass surface to be polished. Do not be too long when rubbing the windshield of your car in one place, this is to reduce the heat due to friction that occurs. Rub one by one the windshield of your car in turn.
- You can also use a soft cloth if you don’t have a polishing drill. Lightly moisten a cloth with a glass-polishing liquid then rub it on the glass surface with a beret. Rub slowly but surely. Give pressure when rubbing so that the liquid polish can enter into it.
- After you have finished all the processes, wipe clean all the remaining dirt that clings during the process by using a clean soft cloth.
- The windshield of your car will look more clean and shiny.
Things you should pay attention to:
- If the position of the wiper of your car complicates the polishing process, then you can remove it first.
- If the cerium oxide liquid hits the body part of your car, then immediately rinse it with clean water.
- do not forget to immediately remove the newspaper and tape that you posted earlier. Sometimes used tape can stick strongly to the windshield. You can remove these marks by rubbing the area using eucalyptus oil.
You can also avoid wipers on your windshield in the following ways:
- Check the wiper rubber every 6 months
- If you haven’t had time to replace the wiper rubber, you can do the following technique. Prepare a fiber that is rather coarse and only slightly compounded. Then rub the compound on the wiper rubber using fiber. This is to open a new layer on the wipers. After that, clean it using dry rubber. This is enough to hold the rubber for about one month.
- Do not forget to also check the wiper handle
See Also :
But if you do not have time to do the methods mentioned above, you can take your car directly to workshops that specialize in auto glass. Usually there you will be offered several options to remove the scratches on your windshield according to the type of beret. The price offered is different for each type of beret.
In addition to the scratches on the windshield, actually there are a number of things that often happen to the windshield and you need to avoid it like
- Spots, this can be caused by incorrect use of medicinal mushrooms so that the windshield like foggy and make your eyes out will be disturbed.
- Mushroom stains
- Corrugated glass
- Engraving, this is in the form of traces of stickers that are usually attached to the windshield of the car.
How to Remove Scratches On the Windshield Car Because Wipers ?, to clean the berets on your windshield. You can also try it yourself at home. Hopefully the information about the windshield beret above can help and good luck.